Master Spring and Spring Boot. In 3 weeks.
Build a real-world project from scratch. With daily help from your mentor. Remotely.
Your Spring courses are clear and concise and, I believe, still the best I've seen.
What You Learn
1. Plain Java
Learning Spring starts with building a solid foundation in certain areas of Java and that’s the goal of week 1. You will build the first version of your URL shortener along the way.
- Covers Java 12
- How to write very simple web sites with plain Java and embedded servlet containers (Tomcat)
- How to do modern database access with Java and JDBC
- How to handle different property configuration files and environments with Java
- How to architect and test simple Java web applications
2. Spring Skills
Getting a solid understanding of Spring is the goal of week 2. You will build the second version of your URL shortener, this time using Spring, instead of plain Java APIs.
- Covers the latest Spring 5.1.x
- How dependency injection works with Spring (ApplicationContexts, Beans etc.)
- How to write web sites (HTML) and web services (JSON/XML) with Spring
- How to access databases with Spring APIs
- How to use Spring abstractions for properties, environments and the Spring Expression language
- How to write integration tests for your Spring applications
3. Spring Boot
Really understanding Spring Boot is only possible after understanding Spring. In week 3 you will therefore rewrite your application once more, this time using Spring Boot.
- Covers the latest Spring Boot 2.2.x
- What are Spring Boot’s AutoConfigurations and how do they work in detail?
- How to access databases with Spring Boot and Spring Data
- How to work with Spring Boot in Production: Configuration, Monitoring, Health-Checks, Deployments
Want to see the course?
Instantly get the first day of our course & curriculum for free.
Who is this course for?
Developers, who have intermediate Java skills, but have not yet had the chance to work with Spring or Spring Boot.
Spring (Boot) Maintenance Developers
Developers, who mainly enhanced and maintained existing Spring code as opposed to writing new Spring (Boot) applications from scratch
Programming Language Expats
How does this course work?
You can structure every course day the way you like. You will learn from text and video lessons, at your own pace and at the time that works best for you.
2. Do It Yourself
You will build a URL shortener from scratch. More specifically, three different versions of it: A plain Java version. A plain Spring version. A Spring Boot version.
3. Live Help
Every day there's two office hour slots during which you can get live feedback from your instructor, via Slack.
This course is divided into 15 separate days, or roughly 3 weeks. Each day covers a specific topic, for example: "Accessing databases with Spring'.
You will need to spend 2-4 hours per day for these three weeks.
Have specific questions? Unsure if this course is right for you? Send us an email to hop on a call with us.
One-time payment. Excluding VAT for EU businesses.
Well Rounded: Spring
(early bird pricing until September, 13)
- Covers plain Java, Spring & Spring Boot
- 3 weeks from zero to production-ready project
- Live Slack-Support during office hours
Meet the Team
Our team will be your mentor during the daily office hours.
We worked in various Spring projects across the last decade, from small three-man projects, to the largest one being 18 Scrum teams, with hundreds of developers. Across a variety of industries, from medium-sized custom CRM systems to huge FinTech (Financial Technology) or IoT (Internet Of Things) systems.
You will be learning from developers who saw everything they teach you being battle-tested in the real-world.
Marco is working in Java & Spring projects as a consultant to DAX 30 companies. He also runs a popular Java screencasting site, as well as Java programming Youtube channel, where you can learn about Java & Spring frameworks, tools & skills.
Previously he worked in different Java projects of all sizes, from small agencies, medium-sized businesses and huge, international corporations.
Lately, Ben has been working in large-scale, IoT heavy projects that use Spring (Boot) as their basis for microservice-heavy architectures. He has been battling, among many things, with debugging and tracing calls that span a dozen network services.
Andreas has been working in fintech companies over the last couple of years, battling, among many things, with legacy, cyclic-dependent Spring configurations that mix everything from XML to Annotations across hundreds of files.
The next cohorts start:
|Batch Date||Availability||Apply By|
|October 14th - November 1st||- Open for applications -||30th of September|
|November 18th - December 6th||- Soon open for applications -||-|
10:00 - 11:30 GMT ( - in )
17:00 - 18:00 GMT ( - in )
Being available during office hours isn't required, but recommended. During these hours we provide hands-on feedback.
If you're unsure if your schedule will work, hop on a call with us, and we'll tell you.